Saturday, December 01, 2012
• Liam Neeson Rules Box Office Again With ‘Taken 2’
Atlas Shrugged movie |
Horror flick "Sinister" posted a strong debut, but the Kevin James comedy "Here Comes the Boom," meta crime caper "Seven Psychopaths" and the conservative-friendly "Atlas Shrugged: Part II" all underperformed.
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
• Patricia Neal, Oscar-winning actress, dies at 84
The Fountainhead |
One of [Neal’s] most prominent roles came in 1949, when she nabbed the coveted lead role in “The Fountainhead,” an adaptation of the Ayn Rand novel.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
• • Francis Ford Coppola talks ‘Tetro’ and whether he’ll make another ‘Godfather’
The Fountainhead |
MTV: Could the fact that effects might be more affordable now make "Megalopolis" more tenable as a project? Coppola: Possibly. That film was set in Manhattan and, like an Ayn Rand novel, it was about an architect who builds a city within a city that demonstrates a human style of living that is approaching utopia — where people are doing what they love to do and perfecting their body and mind. What would a city be like that was built around that?
Monday, June 23, 2008
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
• ‘Super Mario Galaxy,’ ‘Halo 3’ and more impressive video games, in our year-end top 10s
8. "BioShock" [...] It is both the thinking person's first-person shooter (note all the Ayn Rand references and the encouragement for strategic combat) and the game that introduces Big Daddies near the top of the list of great gaming enemies of all time.
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
•‘BioShock’ bucks convention; ‘Warcraft’ sells big & more
Video games column.
[BioShock designer Ken] Levine [has] read up on Ayn Rand and studied art history. Certainly that can fit into a video game. "You could take a bunch of liberal-arts courses and find 'The Matrix' all throughout it. What they did is they basically said, 'Let's take a tiny bit of this and sprinkle it on top of our action movie. Because it makes our action movie seem cooler.' That's what 'BioShock' is. The architecture ... (and) the Ayn Rand philosophy and the economic theory sprinkled on top."